Dr. Karoly L. Balazsy
MD, MIMC, MRCPI, MHMC, MHSOG, MHSPG
I graduated as a General Medical doctor from the Semmelweis Medical University of Budapest, Hungary, in 1985. I had been a specialist gynaecologist in Hungary until September 2014.
Since October 2014 I have been working as a private gynaecologist in Dublin, Ireland.
My qualifications in specialities:
- 1990 Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 1993 Paediatric Gynaecology
My special interest - "Mission statement"
Within the field of gynaecology my main area of expertise is HPV based cervix screening that provides near 100% accuracy and safe.
I am interested in everything that is related to Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), in the pathogen of the cervical cancer, HPV detection and typing and other related diagnostic examinations, as well as the treatment of the viral infection and precancerous conditions.
Already I had been interest in the knowledges of the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) when I was a student at the university (1983), although the literature in this field was rather poor at that time. However, my deeper involvement with the subject and my real breakthrough was that, when appeared in Hungary in 1998 the possibility of detecting HPV and then the possibility of typing.
At the end of February 2018, the Biomarker test was introduced in Hungary. This test can indicate with a high degree of accuracy whether the detected high risk HPV is only passively present among the cells of the infected area of the cervix, or it has already gotten into these cells and started to transform the cells into cancerous ones. In the latter case, in precancerous conditions or when a microscopic size cancer is certain there is a possibility of a special treatment that I have been applying for more than 20 years. At the same time. The treatment of the partner is essential.
- In case of a vaginal infection, I perform a vaginal smear examination by microscopy for accurate treatment – Result is available in a short time. It can be waited on site.
- Ultrasound examinations: vaginal (transvaginal), abdominal (transabdominal), breast as well as examinations during pregnancy:
- First Ultrasound examination between 5-8 weeks to exclude ectopic pregnancy.
- 13th week: Down Syndrome screening
- Between 18-20 weeks: open spine screening
- And any time when the parents would like to check the development of the baby
- Prenatal care
- Diagnostic examinations and treatment of the bleeding disorders
- Nonsurgical treatment of fibroid (it is a benign tumour of the uterus)
- PolyCystic Ovary, PCOSyndrome examination and treatment
- Treatment of endometriosis (chronic pelvic pain)
- Insertion and removal(even in difficult cases) of IUD(coil) and IUS (Mirena, Jaydess)
hormone coil, under ultrasound control.